Last updated: April 15, 2021
Please read our Terms and Conditions at the following link - Terms and Conditions
The terms “Personal Information” means any information which is recognized as such under South African law and includes any information which identifies you.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to NORSAH BOARDING KENNELS AND CATTERY, Spes Bona Road, Fisantekraal Durbanville, Cape Town, 7550 .
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: South Africa
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website and services we offer to you.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service. (NORSAH Kennels does not have the option to log in with social networks on this website, we do have a Facebook page through which you can send us messages, we only use your information you send to us through social media services to contact you regarding your pet's booking and we may contact you to let you know how they are doing while they stay at NORSAH Kennels. ).
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to the NORSAH Kennels website, accessible from https://www.norsahkennels.co.za
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
You can block/disable these cookies by visiting your web browser’s preference settings. Please see below link on how to block cookies for different browser options – https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-disable-third-party-cookies-all-major-browsers/.
However, when blocking these cookies our website might not work properly.
Collecting and Using your Personal DataWe may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Enter any of our competitions, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website
- to contact and communicate with you
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- to run competitions, sweepstakes, and/or offer additional benefits to you
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources.
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. (We collect this data through our contact form when you enquire about a stay for your pet, we do not keep this information in our website database). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows you to visit Third-party Social
when clicking on the links:
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant us access
to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data
that is already associated with your Third-Party Social Media
such as your name, your email address, your contact number, your activities or your contact list associated with that account. (We do not offer registering through a social media service.)
We do not offer the service to log in through Google, youtube, Twitter or Facebook (We only respond to messages if you send it through our Facebook page). We only have social media icons through which you can visit our social media profiles and we have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent
Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go
offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your
web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They Do?.
You can disable cookie collection within your web browser of choice, please follow the steps provided for your web browser of choice to block cookies. The following link may assist you in this - https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-disable-third-party-cookies-all-major-browsers/.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website. (This website does not have the function to create a user account on the website, we may create an account for you when you place a booking, this, however, is not kept in the website database).
Cookies this service uses:
__utma - Google analytics Cookie
__utmb - Google analytics cookie
__utmc - Google analytics cookie
__utmd - Google analytics cookie
__utmv - Google analytics cookie
__utmz - Google analytics cookie
_ga - Google analytics cookie
_gid - Google analytics cookie
Read more about Google analytics cookies here -
_GRECAPTCHA - Google reCAPTCHA
cookie - to provide spam protection
Read more at - https://www.google.com/recaptcha/about/
fmalertcookies - a plugin used to show a cookie message popup
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (Service Providers), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
AnalyticsWe may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user. (This website does not allow user registration on the website).
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services. (We mostly contact you regarding your pet's booking and to let you know how they are doing while staying at NORSAH Kennels).
To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. (We don't send out any information to you unless you ask us for it.)
To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred, with your consent.
For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience. (We only use Google Analytics to see how many visits we get and from which areas)
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact you,with your consent.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company, with your consent.
- With business partners: We may share your information with Our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions, with your consent.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you third parties to collect and process data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
What rights you have over your personal data
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
(User Rights and Obligations)If you have placed a booking through this website or sent us a message through our contact form you can request for us to send you the information you supplied to us. You can also request for us to erase any personal data we hold about you, however, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for legal, administrative,or security purposes. The user of this website (www.norsahkennels.co.za) and our service is entitled to any relevant personal information held by NORSAH Kennels and where such access is necessary for you to protect and/or exercise any of your rights. For any personal information held by any third-party responsible party, the user must approach that responsible party for the realisation of the user's personal information rights with them and not NORSAH Kennels. Under the POPIA, you have the rights in relation to your personal information. Please contact us to find out more about, or manifest, the following rights:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal information we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information;
- require us to delete personal information concerning you in certain situations where there is no purpose for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal information to you or another service provider in a structured, simple format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our further processing of your personal information;
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal information in the following circumstances: - if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; - where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it; - Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or -you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it and/or
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- By phone number: 021 976 1954
- Through our Contact Form